ROLE: The VFX Producer position is vital to the successful delivery of high quality visual effects for our clients. The VFX Producer is responsible for the effective management of on time and on budget show delivery. They liaise between clients and the VFX Supervisors to manage, conform, and drive the schedule to ensure clients’ needs are met and ensure the profitability of each project. The Producer will be present and build relationships with artists, Line Producer and Coordinators alike to be on the pulse of production needs and issues and to motivate them throughout the project.
- Given budget parameters, mitigate overtime/potential additional staffing costs by planning and managing resources as well as communicating change orders clearly to clients and VFX Executive Producer.
- Establish the structure for the project to keep track of all shots or assets and to assess budgetary implications.
- Establish and follow a workflow progress with the Visual Effects Supervisor, Line Producers, to balance production schedule and employee resources.
- Manage the production schedule with the VFX Supervisor to ensure the right balance between time spent and the quality of shots
- Maintain the ‘bid’ in coordination with the VFX Executive Producer.
- Responsible for employee performance management and supervision within their team.
- Administer VFX productions internally and with the client(s)
- Represents the company externally and internally
- Work closely with VFX Supervisor and/or CG Supervisor(s)/ Compositing Supervisor(s) to:
- Hold team dailies
- Perform rounds at artists desks
- Provide schedule visibility to the team and the executives
- Estimate and manage resources: renderfarm, licenses, R&D, etc.
- Manage the artists on a day-to-day basis to maintain a high standard of work within the deadlines
- Bid shots with help from the VFX Supervisor and the team and present to the VFX Executive Producer to review
- Manage, mentor and empower Line Producer and Production Coordinator in their respective areas
- Manage time and resources to meet weekly targets
- Ability to train and coach production staff
- 3-5 year’s credited work experience as a VFX Producer on major feature films
- Excellent client and crew management skills
- A thorough understanding of live-action and CG-based VFX workflows and pipelines is essential
- Proven ability to manage high revenue budgets
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel)
- Experience with ftrack or Shotgun databases
- Experience with multi-site shows, a plus
- Highly organized, first-class time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client management skills
- Excellent artist and crew management skills, positive leadership
- Ability to stay calm under pressure