The Assets Supervisor is a key member of the leadership team at Cinesite. They are in charge of ensuring that high quality models are delivered in a timely manner to other departments for all shows. They supervise the Leads and artists in the asset teams, guiding and managing them as required.
- Supervise the team creating the modeling, texture, Lookdev, and look to deliver the expected and desired final models
- Review scope of work and assign tasks based on artist skills/abilities.
- Deliver briefs and set the quality standards for all work completed.
- Manage workflow to balance production schedule and employee resources.
- Attend and coordinate meetings with other departments.
- Review, QC and finalize all assets before submission.
- Provide recommendations/technical solutions to encountered problems.
- Communicate with the Leads and Producers to develop cost-effective bids.
- Utilize effective communication skills to receive and communicate client notes and feedback back to artists.
- Help the design and progression of Cinesite’s Asset Management pipeline by working closely with the artists and the Pipeline team.
- Mentor and guide artists to ensure that high quality work is delivered to the client.
- Participate in the performance management process such as performance reviews, daily feedback.
- 5-7 years+ of feature film/TV production experience
- Previous experience as a Lead or Supervisor
- A strong combined technical and creative background
- Extensive knowledge of computer animation packages - Maya, Mudbox, Zbrush, Mari, Photoshop
- Knowledge of Nuke and Arnold Renderer is an asset
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (such as python, C++, etc.) is an asset
- Experience with photogrammetry is a plus
- Basic understanding of color pipelines
- Ability to complete bids; determine the timeframe and scope required for each project
- Ability to troubleshoot and deal with competing priorities
- Capable of managing a team of artists; setting expectations, and managing their time
- Excellent eye for detail and quality control
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills