ABOUT IMAGE ENGINE
Based in Vancouver BC, we are a world-class visual effects studio led by a team of creative and passionate individuals who are committed to furthering the art of visual storytelling, and helping our exceptionally talented crew to push the boundaries of artistic and technical achievement.
Well known for our Academy Award Nominated work on Neill Blomkamp’s District 9, we have gone on to create numerous incredible creatures, epic environments and extraordinary digital effects for a broad range of feature films including; Zero Dark Thirty, Jurassic World, Game of Thrones, and Independence Day Resurgence.
We can do this because we place awesome new tools in the hands of our artists. R&D is central to our philosophy of driving creativity through innovation, with a focus on continually evolving our robust production pipelines and pioneering in the area of proprietary software development.
The primary focus of the Human Resources Administrator will be to work with the Human Resources team to create a positive and rewarding environment for our artists. They will support the recruitment, onboarding and immigration programs to ensure that our talented artists are supported and all documentation is completed in an effective manner. They will use their customer service skills and positive attitude to build rapports with Image Engine employees and help to shape the company culture.
The Human Resources Administrator will be eager to learn and grow in the dynamic climate of the VFX industry. They will be flexible to changing priorities which occur due to production needs and adapt to new process that may develop as a result of legislative/policy changes.
In addition, the Human Resources Administrator will also contribute to the overall improvement of the Human Resources team by bringing forth new ideas and solutions in line with HR best practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft, collect and upload employee contracts
- Assist with letter preparation and follow-up including employment confirmation, PR references and extensions
- Maintain accurate and confidential HR and employee records electronically
- Collate and input employee data into various databases/systems
- Track employee immigration status and issue appropriate work permit applications
- Facilitate onboarding sessions with new employees
- Administer HR programs such as exit Interviews and performance management reviews
- Responsible for offering, updating and maintaining the benefits program provided to Image Engine employees
- Assist in the payroll process, verifying hours, updating spreadsheets and ensuring all variations are communicated to the accounting team
- Reconcile expense reports and relocation reimbursements
- Monitor and manage vacation requests and sick days
- Assist in the recruitment process should production needs require it
- Provide meal break coverage for Reception
- Assist Facilities team in company events
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 1+ year administrative assistant/HR assistant experience is an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Intermediate level MS Office skills
- Database management skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to multitask in an environment where there are changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team