ABOUT IMAGE ENGINE
Based in Vancouver BC, we are a world-class visual effects studio led by a team of creative and passionate individuals who are committed to furthering the art of visual storytelling, and helping our exceptionally talented crew to push the boundaries of artistic and technical achievement.
Well known for our Academy Award Nominated work on Neill Blomkamp’s District 9, we have gone on to create numerous incredible creatures, epic environments and extraordinary digital effects for a broad range of feature films including; Zero Dark Thirty, Jurassic World, Game of Thrones, and Independence Day Resurgence.
We can do this because we place awesome new tools in the hands of our artists. R&D is central to our philosophy of driving creativity through innovation, with a focus on continually evolving our robust production pipelines and pioneering in the area of proprietary software development.
The Mid Organic Modeler is responsible for delivering high quality assets across multiple shows in a quick and efficient manner. They will apply notes provided by the Asset Supervisors/Modeling Leads. They will manage their time effectively to ensure tasks are completed within the assigned timeframe and to the specifications requested by Image Engine clients. They will be completing primarily organic modeling but will assist with hard surface modeling when required. They will identify and troubleshoot problems as needed and will ask for assistance when necessary to ensure effective use of time and resources.
They will begin quality checking their own work and assisting Senior artists to develop new concepts and approaches to improve work quality. They will participate in all team meetings when necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process requests from pipeline departments
- Use time management skills to schedule meetings and tasks effectively
- Manage time and resources to meet weekly targets
- Create complex 3D organic models to be used in production
- Work within a defined pipeline
- Produce the highest quality work possible within a given amount of time
- Work closely with the other departments in the asset team
- Promote interdepartmental collaboration
- Ensure all email correspondence and scheduling is up to date, responding to emails in a timely manner
- Mentor and help train Jr modelers
- Participate in meetings and asset reviews
- Utilize multitasking ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years’ experience creating high quality organic models for visual effects for film
- Proficiency in creating photo-realistic organic assets
- Thorough understanding of traditional art skills (Form, architecture, anatomy, topology, color theory, and UV mapping)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Maya required
- Experience with UV Mapping
- Proficiency in Zbrush required
- Mari desirable
- Proficiency in LINUX/UNIX desired
- Experience in Photoshop is desirable
- Ability to provide Leads with estimate of time of task completion to support Supervisor in the bidding process
- Ability to troubleshoot and deal with competing priorities
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a diverse group, and thrive under the pressure of tight production deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and applications
- Ability to complete quality control on individual work
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Eye for detail