Welcome to Image Engine’s new recruitment database. This new database will allow us to review and respond to your application more efficiently and will allow you to receive notifications and apply for vacant and future positions. As such, the firstname.lastname@example.org email address will no longer be available for applications.
Below are some FAQ which should help guide you along the process.
Human Resource Team
Applying for Positions
Q: I don’t see an open position that matches my skills. Can I still apply?
A: Yes. We have general applications for various departments in our future opportunities section located below our vacant openings.
Q: There are multiple openings I am interested in. Can I apply for more than one role?
A: Of course you can! We want to know what interests you. If you feel you have the skills, please apply to all relevant positions.
Q: Can I still e-mail or send a hard copy application to you?
A: While you are always welcome to contact us directly about opportunities, applications should be submitted via the Careers page of our website, as we will no longer accept e-mail or hard copy applications.
Q: I’ve applied previously, do I need to reapply?
A: Whether you’ve submitted a general application or applied for a previously posted position, it is a good idea to reapply, if there is a specific position you are interested. At the same time, we will be using our database to identify potential candidates to contact, so make sure your details are up to date.
After You Apply
Q: How do I know if I am considered or not?
A: All candidates who apply will receive a confirmation email. Should your qualifications match our needs, you’ll be invited for an interview. Otherwise, we’ll keep your information on file for future opportunities.
Q: How do I know if a position is still open?
A: Once a position has been filled, the job posting will be removed from our website.
Q: Do you have any showreel tips?
Here are some tips from our Supervisors and Lead Artists:
- Keep your showreel short (ie. 1.5 – 2 minutes)
- Your reel should be good quality (480p minimum, 720p or higher preferred )
- Group your work by project; leading each group with the best shot
- Only include your best work: Lean towards quality over quantity.
- Explain what you did. Provide a separate concise shot breakdown (PDF) or include short text captions within the reel to reference what you did in the shot and what project it is from. If you have them include, breakdowns, wip montages, passes etc to illustrate your work.
- Make you reel easy to access: Video sharing sites such as Vimeo are preferable. If you have a password, please include that in your application.
- Only include work you actually did yourself
- Do not include work from projects that have not been released, yet – or work you don’t have the rights to show
- Don’t use excessive wipes, dissolves etc -in most cases straight cuts are fine
Q: I am not authorized to work in Canada, can I still apply?
A: Regardless of where you live in the world, Image Engine is interested in hiring the best talent. Our studio currently employs talented people from around the globe. The process and requirements for obtaining a work permit can vary depending upon your skills, and level of education. For more information about work permits visit, Citizen & Immigration Canada. If you feel you meet the requirements for a sponsorship please make sure you create a profile and apply.
Q: Does Image Engine have internship opportunities?
A: If you are interested in Internship opportunities, please fill out a General application. Currently Image Engine does not have an internship program and will be assessing each application on an individual basis.